Initial deposit. Rs 10,000
8-10 patients in ward
Common bath and toilet facilities
Initial deposit. Rs 20,000
Cot for attendant
Special Ward with AC
Initial deposit. Rs 20,000
Cot for attendant
We advise against bringing valuables and large amount of money to the hospital. For your convenience, the hospital has a provision for advance payment. Any excess will be returned at the time of final bill clearance.
Hospital is not responsible for a loss of any valuables/money.
A Visitor pass is given to patient attenders. This pass is valid for the duration of the patient’s stay in the hospital. Our security personnel are instructed to view the pass of attenders at all entry and exit points. You are requested to cooperate with the same. This is to ensure the safety of your patient, the hospital personnel, and equipment’s.
Visiting Hours Policy
|Wards||6:30am – 8:00am
12:30pm – 2:00pm
6:30pm – 8:00pm
|Isolation||No Visitors Allowed|
|ICU||6.30am – 7:00am
6:30pm – 7:00pm
- Visitors are not allowed during doctor rounds and /or when a patient is undergoing any procedure.
- Only 1 attendant is allowed with the patient during the stay in the hospital.
- Your patient needs maximum rest to aid in full and timely recover
- Children are not encouraged to visit patients in the hospital, as they are susceptible to acquire infection very quickly
- Visitors with cold, flu or any other communicable diseases are requested to refrain from visiting the patient
- A maximum of two visitors are allowed at any time during the Visiting Hours.
The management gives utmost importance to infection control and our staff undergoes continual Infection Prevention and Control training programmes.
- Attendees are requested to wash hands or use the hand rub before and after touching the patient.
- Balloons/Flowers etc. are not allowed inside the hospital as they may cause allergies etc.
Dr. TMA Pai Hospital is under CCTV Surveillance 24/7.
No Smoking Policy
Smoking is strictly prohibited in the hospital premises.
No Alcohol/Illicit Drugs Policy
Possession and /or consumption of alcohol/illicit drugs inside the hospital is prohibited. Also, attendees will not be allowed to enter the hospital in an inebriated state.
Patients and visitors are responsible for all personal belongings and valuables. The hospital is not responsible for replacing lost, misplaced, stolen or damaged belongings and valuables.
- The Doctor will decide the discharge date, depending upon the patient condition.
- The actual discharge will happen only after the discharge summary is written by the doctor after completion of ward rounds.
- The ward sister will inform you once the file is moved to the billing section for the final bill process. Once the bill is ready, you must make the payment (if any), or clear insurance formalities.
- The Billing Staff will give you a receipt after complete payment of a bill. This receipt should be shown at the Nursing counter in your ward.
- Before departure, your nurse will give you the discharge summary and inform you the follow-up visit date. She/he will also explain the medication that you may need to continue at home.
- The pass issued during admission should be returned back during the settlement of bill.
Guidelines for Insurance/TPA Patients
At Dr. TMA Pai Hospital, Udupi, we have a dedicated Insurance cell that will assist and guide you to avail hassle free cashless service.
Pre – Authorization Procedure
List of Documents to be Submitted (Photocopy)
Additional Documents In Case Of Medico-Legal Case
If the bill amount exceeds the authorized limit, the Billing department will send a reminder for further enhancement to the TPA/insurance. In case, the TPA/Insurance denies the enhancement of the amount, the patient needs to start making interim payments and In case of denial, the patient has to bear the expenses and claim the same from the Insurance provider post-discharge from the hospital.
- The consolidated final bill will be processed with the concerned TPA/Insurance for enhancement. Further approval or reconfirmation of the case will take up to 4 hours from the time of the final bill and discharge summary processing. You are requested to bear with this delay in the discharge formalities.
- The photocopy of the discharge summary and bill will be given to you. You need to make a nominal payment if you require the investigation reports and detailed bill. The original bill would be sent to the concerned TPA/Insurance.
The Insurance Cell is only a facilitator and has no authority to approve/disapprove any requests for cashless hospitalization. The Insurance Cell cannot guarantee on approval of cashless hospitalization or complete coverage of hospitalization expenses.
- The patient must give correct and consistent medical history and details to the doctor while filling the pre-authorization form. In case the claim gets denied due to inconsistent information, the patient will be responsible for the detail have and has to settle the hospital bill.
- The patient must be hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours for availing cashless facility as an inpatient.
- Some items like diet, non-medical items etc. may not be covered under your Insurance policy. In such cases, the patient needs to settle the bill in full.
- Pre-authorization by the TPA/Insurer does not automatically guarantee that the final bill is approved. There is a possibility of denial of authorization at any point during the hospital stay. In such cases, the patient needs to settle the full bill.
You are requested to intimate your doctor/ Nursing Staff in advance if you need a medical certificate or Fitness certificate etc. as proof of your stay in the hospital. You can also come on a later date and get the certificates if for some reason you are unable to get the Certificate at the time of discharge.
Foreign Patients who wish to come to Hospital for treatment as Inpatients are requested to contact the Billing Incharge on or before arrival. The Billing Incharge will assist with the registration, Consultation and if required with the admission process. They will also assist with the registration of residential permit which is mandatory for all patients who are hospitalized. This is done in coordination with the office of the superintendent of Police.
- To know the name and qualification of his / her doctor.
- To know about his / her health, diagnosis, outcome, the approximate cost of treatment and diet prevention.
- To give/withdraw or withhold consent for any treatment, procedure, blood transfusion research protocol.
- To seek the second opinion before giving consent.
- To choose the course of treatment from various options as advised by the doctor.
- To decide about care or refuse treatment.
- The personal dignity and privacy of every patient must be protected during their stay at the Hospital, consultation, examination. The confidentiality of the records of the patients must be protected unless otherwise required by law.
- To deny disclosure of any information, photographs, videos, about nature of the illness, nature of treatment, an outcome of treatment to the general public / any third party.
- Uniform care shall be provided to each and every patient irrespective of his / her race, culture, caste, religion, age, gender or physical disability.
- Any patient shall not be neglected or abused.
- Each patient shall be advised of any changes in treatment prior to the changes. Each patient shall be advised follow-up care after discharge.
- To respect hospital personnel and property.
- To abide by hospital rules and regulation.
- Accept that your Doctor may have to attend more serious patient than you.
- Accept that patient requiring emergency care is the high priority for your Doctor.
- Ensure that all the information given to the hospital is true, correct, complete and accurate in all respects.
- Follow your Doctor’s instruction carefully.
- Accept action taken by hospital to ensure your safe and secure stay, and to ensure privacy, confidentiality of your information.
- To keep your appointments.
- Ensure that payments are made in time.