About Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy is a field of rehabilitation which deals with the restoration of functional abilities of individuals following physical, neurological and mental trauma or disease. Functional skills refer to the ability of a person to do daily activities, which may range from general self-care tasks such as feeding or dressing to specific activities of work such as writing or the use of computers.
Many disease processes, traumatic conditions, birth-related problems, and issues related to old age or mental health can affect the capacity to perform the daily function. These conditions will result in several disabling consequences like poor balance, coordination, mental instability, cognition, sensation, memory, pain, muscle weakness, swelling, joint movement limitation, impaired hand function, and loss of part of a limb or whole. All of these eventually compromise the person’s ability to do daily activities. For example, a person with hemiplegia cannot self-feed, has difficulty grooming and dressing independently, cannot commute to work, sign documents, count money, use his keyboard, etc. Through its various therapeutic interventions, occupational therapy aims to restore, rehabilitate or prevent problems that compromise functional independence.
The department is equipped to handle various conditions with their respective functional limitations. We provide inpatient, outpatient & home visit services in different clinical areas.
OT ASSESSMENT SERVICES
- Functional assessment
- Assessment of hand function and dexterity
- Handwriting assessment
- Standardized assessments of child gross & fine motor development.
- Home & Worksite evaluation
- Sensory – motor / neuromuscular retraining
- Cognitive-perceptual remediation/rehabilitation
- Balance & coordination training
- Care of hemiplegic shoulder
- Hand function retraining
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Coma stimulation
Child Habilitation Services
- Gross and fine motor skill development
- Visual motor and visual-perceptual training
- Skills associated with independence in Activities of daily living
- Play Therapy
- Handwriting remediation
- Neurodevelopmental Therapy
Orthopedics rehabilitation services
- Sensorimotor re-education
- Amputee retraining and prosthetic management
- Ergonomic consultations & Back Care
- Strength, Range of Motion and endurance training
- Functional training post internal fixation and replacement arthroplasty