About Clinical Psychology
The Department of Clinical Psychology at Kasturba Hospital is dedicated to providing quality care to people who experience mental health problems. Personalized treatment programs are molded to meet the needs of each individual. A team of psychiatrists, psychiatric social workers and clinical psychologists work together to help patients. Patients benefit from the innovation and team philosophy found here. Along with clinical care, the department emphasizes excellence in teaching and research.
Madhav Nagar, Manipal, Karnataka 576104
- Multidisciplinary evaluation of any mental health problem
- Clinical Psychopharmacology
- EEG monitored Elecroconvulsive therapy
- Individual Psychotherapy.
- Family and Marital therapy
- Therapy for children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral disturbances
- Therapy for individuals with substance abuse / dependence
- Therapy for emotional disorders associated with physical illnesses. Counseling
- Home visits to enhance assessment and treatment
Community Mental Health Services
- Home for destitute women
- School mental health services at Govt. Primary School,
- Vishwasada mane home for destitute person with mental illness.
- Udyavara and Karkala camp
- Telepsychiatry review kandlor PHC and Hebri CHC.
- Manipal & Kadiyali High School, Udupi.
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatric Services.
- Psycho – oncology Clinic.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic.
- Deaddiction clinic for alcohol and substance abuse.
- Psychodermatology Clinic.
Hombelaku is a medium to long term stay and rehabilitation centre for the chronically mentally ill. It is administratively and functionally integrated to the Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. The centre started functioning in January 2010. The centre is a 50 bedded facility for the chronically mentally ill. It is located in the university campus on a 1.5 Acre plot on a hillside facing a valley at Manipal. It provides a calm and soothing atmosphere to facilitate rehabilitative processes. The centre has separate residential wings for men and women. Each wing has 2 bedded rooms and dormitory facilities with common toilet and bath areas. Day care services are also provided at the centre.